Millville's Mike Trout voted AL Rookie of the Year
NEW YORK (AP) - November 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mike Trout of the Los Angeles Angels and Bryce Harper of the Washington Nationals have been voted Rookies of the Year for their breakout seasons following late-April call-ups from the minor leagues.
Trout received all 28 first-place votes from the Baseball Writers' Association of America's AL panel and was the eighth unanimous AL pick and the first since Tampa Bay's Evan Longoria in 2008.
Harper got 16 of 32 first-place votes and 112 points from the NL panel. Arizona pitcher Wade Miley was second with 12 first-place votes and 105 points, followed by Cincinnati slugger Todd Frazier with three firsts and 45 points.
- Screaming vandal smashes police car windows 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 28 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
38 min ago