Jack Taylor scores 138 points for Grinnell
GRINNELL, Iowa (AP) - November 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jack Taylor scored 138 points to shatter the NCAA scoring record in Division III Grinnell's 179-104 victory over Faith Baptist Bible on Tuesday night.
Taylor made 27 of 71 3-point attempts, was 52 of 108 overall from the field and added seven free throws on 10 attempts in 36 minutes.
Rio Grande's Bevo Francis held the NCAA scoring record with 113 points against Hillsdale in 1954. In 1953, Francis had 116 against Ashland Junior College.
The previous Grinnell record was 89 by Griffin Lentsch last Nov. 19 against Principia.
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes 11 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 47 min ago
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 48 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 51 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 53 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- No charges for 8 NJ wrestlers in lynching photo 33 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
11 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
53 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
51 min ago