Syracuse gets 38-20 win over Temple Owls
PHILADELPHIA - November 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ryan Nassib threw for 215 yards and a touchdown, and Adonis Aimeen-Moore rushed for a pair of scores to lead Syracuse to a 38-20 victory over Temple on Friday in the Orange's last Big East game.
The Orange (7-5, 5-2 Big East) have won five of six games to finish the season, and now await their bowl destination. Syracuse is moving to the ACC next season.
Temple took a 20-17 lead midway through the third quarter on quarterback Clinton Granger's 10-yard scamper that capped a four-play, 62-yard Owls drive.
But the Orange took over from there.
Syracuse marched down the field on its ensuing possession, going 75 yards on 12 plays over 4:21 and ending it with Aimeen-Moore's 1-yard plunge to take a 24-20 lead with 4:37 left in the quarter.
Prince-Tyson Gulley scored on a 3-yard run early in the fourth quarter, ending an 11-play, 75-yard drive that took up 4:04 and gave them a 31-20 advantage.
Syracuse clinched it on Keon Lyn's 31-yard interception return of Granger's errant pass with 2:37 left in the game. It was the first of two interceptions for Lyn.
Temple's Montel Harris, who ran for 351 yards and seven touchdowns in last Saturday's record-setting, 63-32 win over Army, ran for 106 yards on 21 carries for the Owls (4-7, 2-5), who ended their first season back in the Big East by losing five of six.
philadelphia, temple, temple owls, sports
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha... 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
54 min ago