AP source: Temple offers coaching job to Rhule
PHILADELPHIA - December 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A person familiar with the decision says Temple has made an offer to New York Giants assistant Matt Rhule to become the Owls' new head coach.
The person spoke on anonymity Friday because Rhule had not yet formally accepted the position. Rhule was one of the final two candidates for the job.
The person said University of Miami defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio withdrew from consideration.
The Owls are in the market for a coach for the third time in the last three years, following Steve Addazio's departure to Boston College last week. Temple went 4-7 this season after having three straight winning seasons under Addazio and Al Golden.
temple owls, temple, sports
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 53 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
53 min ago