AP source: Temple offers coaching job to Rhule
PHILADELPHIA - December 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A person familiar with the decision says Temple has made an offer to New York Giants assistant Matt Rhule to become the Owls' new head coach.
The person spoke on anonymity Friday because Rhule had not yet formally accepted the position. Rhule was one of the final two candidates for the job.
The person said University of Miami defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio withdrew from consideration.
The Owls are in the market for a coach for the third time in the last three years, following Steve Addazio's departure to Boston College last week. Temple went 4-7 this season after having three straight winning seasons under Addazio and Al Golden.
temple owls, temple, sports
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police