AP source: Temple offers coaching job to Rhule
PHILADELPHIA - December 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A person familiar with the decision says Temple has made an offer to New York Giants assistant Matt Rhule to become the Owls' new head coach.
The person spoke on anonymity Friday because Rhule had not yet formally accepted the position. Rhule was one of the final two candidates for the job.
The person said University of Miami defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio withdrew from consideration.
The Owls are in the market for a coach for the third time in the last three years, following Steve Addazio's departure to Boston College last week. Temple went 4-7 this season after having three straight winning seasons under Addazio and Al Golden.
temple owls, temple, sports
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 17 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 44 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 38 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 36 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 56 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
38 min ago