Johnson scores 22 points, Nets beat 76ers
NEW YORK (AP) - December 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Joe Johnson scored 22 points, Gerald Wallace had 14 points, nine rebounds and six assists and the Brooklyn Nets held on to beat the Philadelphia 76ers 95-92 on Sunday.
Deron Williams added 16 points to help New Jersey end a six-game losing streak at home against Philadelphia.
Jrue Holiday led Philadelphia with 21 points, nine assists and six rebounds, Thadeus Young added 18 points and 10 rebounds, and Evan Turner had 15 points and seven rebounds. The 76ers, opening an eight-game trip, have six of their last seven games.
The Nets appeared to seal it when William made a layup with 40.5 seconds left to make it 91-83. But Holiday was fouled by Williams and made hit one of two free throws to make it 91-84. Holiday then fouled Williams, but he missed both free throws and Holiday hit a 3-pointer with 19.1 seconds left to cut it to 91-87.
After Turner's foul sent Johnson to the line, Johnson hit the first free throw but missed the second with the Nets leading 92-87. Dorell Wright then made a 3-pointer with 9.6 seconds left to make it 92-90.
Williams was fouled again by Holiday and hit two free throws to make it 94-90 before Turner answered with a layup to make it 94-92. Johnson finished the scoring with a free throw.
philadelphia 76ers, sports
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 21 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
4 min ago