Holiday leads Sixers over Lakers 103-99
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jrue Holiday had 26 points and 10 assists, Evan Turner added 22 points and 13 rebounds, and the Philadelphia 76ers beat the Los Angeles Lakers 103-99 on Tuesday night.
The Lakers (15-16) have matched their worst start after 31 games since the 2002-03 season, when they began defense of their third straight NBA title with a 12-19 record.
Kobe Bryant, who shifted from shooting guard to small forward five games ago in coach Mike D'Antonio's redesigned rotation, led the Lakers with 36 points. Steve Nash added 12 points and 10 assists.
Down by nine with just under 3 minutes to play, the Lakers closed to 99-97 on Bryant's 3-pointer with 1:28 left. But Spencer Hawes responded with a 21-footer 16 seconds later and Holiday helped close it out on a driving dunk with 22.4 seconds on the clock.
philadelphia 76ers, sports
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 4 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday 33 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 46 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 6 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack 47 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime 48 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
46 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight...
48 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
47 min ago