Holiday leads Sixers over Lakers 103-99
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jrue Holiday had 26 points and 10 assists, Evan Turner added 22 points and 13 rebounds, and the Philadelphia 76ers beat the Los Angeles Lakers 103-99 on Tuesday night.
The Lakers (15-16) have matched their worst start after 31 games since the 2002-03 season, when they began defense of their third straight NBA title with a 12-19 record.
Kobe Bryant, who shifted from shooting guard to small forward five games ago in coach Mike D'Antonio's redesigned rotation, led the Lakers with 36 points. Steve Nash added 12 points and 10 assists.
Down by nine with just under 3 minutes to play, the Lakers closed to 99-97 on Bryant's 3-pointer with 1:28 left. But Spencer Hawes responded with a 21-footer 16 seconds later and Holiday helped close it out on a driving dunk with 22.4 seconds on the clock.
philadelphia 76ers, sports
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 48 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 40 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 44 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 33 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
35 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
53 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
50 min ago