Spurs too much for 76ers, 109-86
SAN ANTONIO (AP) - January 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Tony Parker had 20 points, Manu Ginobili scored 19 and the San Antonio Spurs routed the Philadelphia 76ers 109-86 on Saturday night.
Tim Duncan added 16 points, Danny Green had 13 and Gary Neal finished with 12 for San Antonio, which has won 10 straight at home. Tiago Splitter had 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Spencer Hawes scored 22 points for Philadelphia, which has lost three straight and five of six. Evan Turner added 12 points and Thaddeus Young, Jason Richardson and Jrue Holiday each added 11.
San Antonio improved to 14-2 at home while rebounding from a blowout loss Thursday against the New York Knicks.
Philadelphia shot 42 percent from the field, including a 3-for-17 night from long range. The Spurs had 24 assists while shooting 48 percent.
Parker was 8 for 16 from the field in 29 minutes, the most of any San Antonio player in an easy victory.
Philadelphia's only lead came via Young's hook shot on the game's opening possession. Splitter tied the game with a layup on the ensuing possession and Duncan's 15-foot jumper gave the Spurs a 4-2 lead they would never relinquish.
Ginobili made his first three attempts, following a pair of 3s with a crossover dribble, drive and one-handed dunk for a 29-16 lead with 3 minutes left in the first.
NOTES: San Antonio's Stephen Jackson (sprained right ankle) missed his 16th game of the season. He injured his ankle against New York, tripping over a waitress working the courtside seats. ... Nando De Colo was recalled from San Antonio's Austin affiliate in the NBA Development League prior to the Saturday's game. ... Former Spurs F Malik Rose is now serving as an analyst for the 76ers' television broadcasts. Rose subbed as an analyst for former teammate Sean Elliott on several San Antonio broadcasts last season prior to joining Philadelphia's crew. Rose is a native of Philadelphia.
philadelphia 76ers, sports
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ