Chiefs introduce Andy Reid as new head coach
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Andy Reid has been introduced as the new coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, one week after he was fired following 14 seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Reid was joined by Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt and several other team officials at a packed news conference at Arrowhead Stadium. Reid takes over for Romeo Crennel, who joined Reid and five other NFL coaches in losing their jobs last Monday.
Reid took the Eagles to the Super Bowl and won 130 games over his career. But things had soured the past couple seasons and he was dismissed after going 4-12.
He takes over a team that went 2-14, matching the worst finish in Chiefs history. That means the Chiefs pick first in the NFL draft for the first time.
andy reid, missouri, sports
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 32 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ