Chiefs introduce Andy Reid as new head coach
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Andy Reid has been introduced as the new coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, one week after he was fired following 14 seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Reid was joined by Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt and several other team officials at a packed news conference at Arrowhead Stadium. Reid takes over for Romeo Crennel, who joined Reid and five other NFL coaches in losing their jobs last Monday.
Reid took the Eagles to the Super Bowl and won 130 games over his career. But things had soured the past couple seasons and he was dismissed after going 4-12.
He takes over a team that went 2-14, matching the worst finish in Chiefs history. That means the Chiefs pick first in the NFL draft for the first time.
andy reid, missouri, sports
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police