Oprah to interview Lance Armstrong
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lance Armstrong has agreed to a rare televised interview with Oprah Winfrey that will air next week.
According to a release posted on Oprah's website on Tuesday, Armstrong will address allegations that he used performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career.
Armstrong has strongly denied the doping charges that led to him being stripped of his seven Tour de France titles, but The New York Times reported Friday he has told associates he is considering admitting the use of PEDS.
The newspaper report cited anonymous sources, and Armstrong attorney Tim Herman told The Associated Press that night that he had no knowledge of Armstrong considering a confession.
Oprah's interview with Armstrong will air on Jan. 17.
oprah winfrey, lance armstrong, sports
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 27 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 13 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 29 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos