Oprah to interview Lance Armstrong
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lance Armstrong has agreed to a rare televised interview with Oprah Winfrey that will air next week.
According to a release posted on Oprah's website on Tuesday, Armstrong will address allegations that he used performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career.
Armstrong has strongly denied the doping charges that led to him being stripped of his seven Tour de France titles, but The New York Times reported Friday he has told associates he is considering admitting the use of PEDS.
The newspaper report cited anonymous sources, and Armstrong attorney Tim Herman told The Associated Press that night that he had no knowledge of Armstrong considering a confession.
Oprah's interview with Armstrong will air on Jan. 17.
oprah winfrey, lance armstrong, sports
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 15 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 57 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos