Raptors pass slumping 76ers 90-72
TORONTO (AP) - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Amir Johnson had 19 points and 12 rebounds, Jose Calderon added 14 points and 11 assists, and the Toronto Raptors beat Philadelphia 90-72 on Wednesday night, handing the slumping 76ers their fifth straight loss.
Landry Fields set season highs with 10 points and 11 rebounds. DeMar DeRozan scored 19 and Ed Davis had 17 for the Raptors, who had lost six of their previous seven meetings with Philadelphia, including three straight.
Jrue Holiday and Thaddeus Young each scored 16 points and Evan Turner had 10 as the Sixers lost for the 13th time in 16 games. Philadelphia has played 12 of its past 16 on the road, winning just twice.
DeRozan had struggled in his past two games, both Toronto losses, making just seven of 27 field goal attempts. But he was on target in this one, connecting on eight of 13 shots and making all three of his free throws.
The Raptors led 24-14 with 1:17 left in the first but the Sixers closed the quarter with a 7-0 run, including a buzzer-beating jumper by Turner, to make it 24-21 after one.
A jump hook by Fields gave Toronto a 38-30 lead at 4:48 of the second but Philadelphia closed the gap again, cutting it to 42-40 at halftime.
Calderon scored 10 points in the third, hitting on five of six field goal attempts, as the Raptors overcame eight points from Holiday to take a 71-61 lead into the fourth.
NOTES: Toronto C Aaron Gray, who missed Sunday's loss to Oklahoma City because of flulike symptoms, was active again but did not start, with Johnson taking his spot. ... Raptors G Terrence Ross, who left Sunday's game with a sore left ankle, did not dress. ... Fields started for the first time since Nov. 7, replacing Mickael Pietrus. He had seven rebounds in the first quarter, as many as the entire 76ers lineup.
philadelphia 76ers, sports
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 52 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
51 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
52 min ago