Ravens' Ray Rice arrested at Atlantic City casino
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - February 16, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police in Atlantic City say Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice was arrested at a casino there after an argument with his fiance turned physical.
Atlantic City police said that Rice and Janay Palmer were both arrested on simple assault charges and were released on a summons after an incident at the Revel Casino early Saturday morning.
Both Rice and Palmer declined medical attention and neither reported any injuries.
Michael Diamondstein, an attorney for Rice, says that he's hopeful that after an investigation "the matter turns out to be little more than a misunderstanding."
The Ravens released a statement Sunday night.
"We are aware of the Friday night situation with Ray Rice and his fiance," the Ravens said. "We have spoken with Ray, and know that they returned home together after being detained."
Rice played at Rutgers University in New Jersey and was drafted in the second round of the 2008 draft by the Ravens.
new jersey news, atlantic city news, sports
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 41 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 2 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 8 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 26 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 17 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 26 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
18 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
2 min ago