Ravens' Ray Rice arrested at Atlantic City casino
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - February 16, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police in Atlantic City say Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice was arrested at a casino there after an argument with his fiance turned physical.
Atlantic City police said that Rice and Janay Palmer were both arrested on simple assault charges and were released on a summons after an incident at the Revel Casino early Saturday morning.
Both Rice and Palmer declined medical attention and neither reported any injuries.
Michael Diamondstein, an attorney for Rice, says that he's hopeful that after an investigation "the matter turns out to be little more than a misunderstanding."
The Ravens released a statement Sunday night.
"We are aware of the Friday night situation with Ray Rice and his fiance," the Ravens said. "We have spoken with Ray, and know that they returned home together after being detained."
Rice played at Rutgers University in New Jersey and was drafted in the second round of the 2008 draft by the Ravens.
new jersey news, atlantic city news, sports
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 1 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 1 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 49 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 8 min ago
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos