Nova' Wildcats pushing towards March Madness
VILLANOVA, Pa. - January 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Villanova Wildcats failed to make the tournament last year. However beating the 5th ranked team in the entire country is proof, to them, that they belong in March Madness this year.
"Our guys have come here believing but you have to prove it every year," said Coach Jay Wright.
After proving it Tuesday night against Louisville, Nova is hoping they can run with the confidence for the rest of the way.
Coming up they face the tough stretch of three straight games against ranked Big East teams.
"I feel like we can beat anyone," said Ryan Arcidiacono, Villanova guard.
That includes 3rd ranked Syracuse on Saturday at 11:00 a.m. at the Wells Fargo Center.
Not that Villanova wasn't confident when they lost to them two weeks ago, but now they have a better mindset heading into the rematch.
"We have got to hope - take any edge we can get," said Coach Wright.
They'll need it - the Wildcats have lost three straight games to Syracuse, a team that is off to an 18-1 start.
villanova, villanova wildcats, sports
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ