Audubon High's Joe Flacco is Super Bowl MVP
AUDUBON, N.J. - February 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- There was so much to cheer about today at Audubon High School, where Joe Flacco walked the halls 10 years ago.
Back then #5 was the star quarterback for the Green Wave; now, he's the Super Bowl MVP.
"The pride is incredible. We say we bleed green and gold here, but right now we're bleeding a lot of purple," teacher Betsy Kirkbride said.
"When he won and he was talking on the TV, I was just so proud of him," teacher Diane Guida said.
Ralph Schiavo, who coached Flacco his senior year at Audubon, said he still can't believe he watched the confetti rain down on the kid he helped mold.
"It took me five years to get used to saying that's what one of our guys in the NFL, now he's the Super Bowl MVP, not that I had anything to do with it, but it's nice to say he's from our school, he played for our team," Coach Schiavo said.
The football field at Audubon High is where it all got started for the Super Bowl MVP.
Imagine being Audubon High School's current quarterback and learning last night that dreams can come true.
"I look at myself and then somebody being in my place who's now Super Bowl MVP, it's a pretty wild thing to think about and sometimes I got to remind myself that he went to Audubon," quarterback Adin Bourden said.
new jersey, super bowl, sports, jamie apody
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies