Audubon High's Joe Flacco is Super Bowl MVP
AUDUBON, N.J. - February 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- There was so much to cheer about today at Audubon High School, where Joe Flacco walked the halls 10 years ago.
Back then #5 was the star quarterback for the Green Wave; now, he's the Super Bowl MVP.
"The pride is incredible. We say we bleed green and gold here, but right now we're bleeding a lot of purple," teacher Betsy Kirkbride said.
"When he won and he was talking on the TV, I was just so proud of him," teacher Diane Guida said.
Ralph Schiavo, who coached Flacco his senior year at Audubon, said he still can't believe he watched the confetti rain down on the kid he helped mold.
"It took me five years to get used to saying that's what one of our guys in the NFL, now he's the Super Bowl MVP, not that I had anything to do with it, but it's nice to say he's from our school, he played for our team," Coach Schiavo said.
The football field at Audubon High is where it all got started for the Super Bowl MVP.
Imagine being Audubon High School's current quarterback and learning last night that dreams can come true.
"I look at myself and then somebody being in my place who's now Super Bowl MVP, it's a pretty wild thing to think about and sometimes I got to remind myself that he went to Audubon," quarterback Adin Bourden said.
new jersey, super bowl, sports, jamie apody
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 4 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 13 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 13 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 56 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos