Jets' Goodson declines to discuss drug, gun case
MORRISTOWN, N.J. (AP) - June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors in New Jersey are sending the drug and weapons case against New York Jets running back Mike Goodson to a grand jury.
Goodson made a brief appearance in court in Morristown on Wednesday. He and his attorney declined to comment afterward.
Goodson and a friend were arrested last month after they were found in a car stopped on Interstate 80. The men were charged with marijuana possession, possession of drug paraphernalia and weapons offenses. Police say they found a .45-caliber semi-automatic handgun and a hollow-point bullet in the vehicle.
The 25-year-old has pleaded not guilty and has taken part in some preseason practices with the Jets.
Assistant Morris County Prosecutor Peter Foy says no plea deal is on the table.
new york jets, nfl, new jersey, new york, sports
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ