LeBron James leads Miami Heat to second straight NBA title
MIAMI - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- LeBron James had 37 points and 12 rebounds and the Miami Heat repeated as champions with a 95-88 victory over the San Antonio Spurs in Game 7 of the NBA Finals on Thursday night.
Dwyane Wade added 23 points and 10 rebounds and Shane Battier scored 18 points on 6-for-8 shooting from 3-point range for Miami.
James made 5 of 10 3s, all the while hounding Spurs star Tony Parker on defense to make the Heat the first back-to-back champs since the Lakers in 2009-10.
Tim Duncan had 24 points and 12 rebound for the Spurs, who were trying to become the first road team to win a finals Game 7 since Washington in 1978. Kawhi Leonard added 19 points and 16 rebounds.
Mario Chalmers scored 14 for Miami.
San Antonio lost for the first time in five finals appearances.
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 29 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 5 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 17 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
9 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
29 min ago