LeBron James leads Miami Heat to second straight NBA title
MIAMI - June 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- LeBron James had 37 points and 12 rebounds and the Miami Heat repeated as champions with a 95-88 victory over the San Antonio Spurs in Game 7 of the NBA Finals on Thursday night.
Dwyane Wade added 23 points and 10 rebounds and Shane Battier scored 18 points on 6-for-8 shooting from 3-point range for Miami.
James made 5 of 10 3s, all the while hounding Spurs star Tony Parker on defense to make the Heat the first back-to-back champs since the Lakers in 2009-10.
Tim Duncan had 24 points and 12 rebound for the Spurs, who were trying to become the first road team to win a finals Game 7 since Washington in 1978. Kawhi Leonard added 19 points and 16 rebounds.
Mario Chalmers scored 14 for Miami.
San Antonio lost for the first time in five finals appearances.
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville 35 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 53 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
35 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
53 min ago