Sixers CEO Adam Aron has not been fired, spokesperson says
PHILADELPHIA - June 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia 76ers CEO Adam Aron has not been fired, a team spokesperson tells Action News Monday night.
The spokesperson says Aron, who has been with the Sixers since 2011, remains CEO.
The spokesperson says earlier reports of Aron's firing are inaccurate.
Aron is a graduate of Abington Senior High School and Harvard University.
Back in October of 2011, Aron said he was excited about joining the team.
"Being named CEO of the Philadelphia 76ers is truly a dream come true. Having grown up in Abington, I have always been a fan of this team, I'm excited about celebrating and building on the extraordinary heritage of the 76ers, the third winningest team in NBA history. We will work tirelessly to make Philadelphia sports fans proud," Aron said at the time.
Aron is also known for being very vocal with Sixers fans on his twitter account @SixersCEOAdam.
He is also a co-owner of the team.
The Philadelphia 76ers named Sam Hinkie as the new team president and general manager in May.
They are still searching for a new coach after Doug Collins resigned following three seasons.
philadelphia 76ers, nba, sports
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Fire crews battle house fire in Montgomery...
51 min ago