Sixers CEO Adam Aron has not been fired, spokesperson says
PHILADELPHIA - June 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia 76ers CEO Adam Aron has not been fired, a team spokesperson tells Action News Monday night.
The spokesperson says Aron, who has been with the Sixers since 2011, remains CEO.
The spokesperson says earlier reports of Aron's firing are inaccurate.
Aron is a graduate of Abington Senior High School and Harvard University.
Back in October of 2011, Aron said he was excited about joining the team.
"Being named CEO of the Philadelphia 76ers is truly a dream come true. Having grown up in Abington, I have always been a fan of this team, I'm excited about celebrating and building on the extraordinary heritage of the 76ers, the third winningest team in NBA history. We will work tirelessly to make Philadelphia sports fans proud," Aron said at the time.
Aron is also known for being very vocal with Sixers fans on his twitter account @SixersCEOAdam.
He is also a co-owner of the team.
The Philadelphia 76ers named Sam Hinkie as the new team president and general manager in May.
They are still searching for a new coach after Doug Collins resigned following three seasons.
philadelphia 76ers, nba, sports
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 6 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
41 min ago