Eagles LB Jason Phillips tears right ACL
PHILADELPHIA - July 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Eagles linebacker Jason Phillips tore his right ACL in Monday's practice.
Phillips is the second player to sustain a season-ending injury in three days. Starting wide receiver Jeremy Maclin tore his right ACL on Saturday.
Phillips played in 16 games for Carolina last year, mostly on special teams. He spent his first 2½ seasons with Baltimore and was entering his fifth year in the NFL.
Phillips has 17 tackles in 30 career games, including two starts for the Panthers last year.
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 35 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 1 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
1 min ago