Eagles LB Jason Phillips tears right ACL
PHILADELPHIA - July 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Eagles linebacker Jason Phillips tore his right ACL in Monday's practice.
Phillips is the second player to sustain a season-ending injury in three days. Starting wide receiver Jeremy Maclin tore his right ACL on Saturday.
Phillips played in 16 games for Carolina last year, mostly on special teams. He spent his first 2½ seasons with Baltimore and was entering his fifth year in the NFL.
Phillips has 17 tackles in 30 career games, including two starts for the Panthers last year.
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases