Eagles LB Jason Phillips tears right ACL
PHILADELPHIA - July 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Eagles linebacker Jason Phillips tore his right ACL in Monday's practice.
Phillips is the second player to sustain a season-ending injury in three days. Starting wide receiver Jeremy Maclin tore his right ACL on Saturday.
Phillips played in 16 games for Carolina last year, mostly on special teams. He spent his first 2½ seasons with Baltimore and was entering his fifth year in the NFL.
Phillips has 17 tackles in 30 career games, including two starts for the Panthers last year.
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Tpk. 2 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 34 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 42 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
34 min ago