ESPN fires ex-Eagle after alleged racial slur
August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- ESPN has fired former Eagles defensive lineman Hugh Douglas.
He had co-hosted the show Numbers Never Lie on our sister sports network.
A blog reports that Douglas used a racial slur during a drunken confrontation with his co-host, Michael Smith, who is also black.
ESPN launched an investigation of the incident, which happened at a Florida nightclub during the National Association of Black Journalists Convention
Douglas tweeted that he will have more to say about this situation in the future.
florida, philadelphia eagles, sports
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 57 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes