Jets top Eagles 27-20 in preseason finale
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Matt Simms, competing for the Jets' No. 3 quarterback job, led four scoring drives and Kahlil Bell had two touchdown runs and New York beat the Philadelphia Eagles 27-20 in the teams' preseason finale Thursday night.
With the Jets' quarterback competition still uncertain, Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez didn't play. But Simms certainly showed he might deserve to stick around.
The son of former Giants star Phil Simms, who had his share of big games against the Eagles, was 33 of 44 for 285 yards for the Jets (3-1).
Both Rex Ryan and the Eagles' Chip Kelly rested their starters, which meant Michael Vick also sat this one out on Philadelphia's sideline. Vick won the Eagles' competition last week, earning the job ahead of Nick Foles.
Foles was 6 of 17 for 63 yards in two quarters for the Eagles (2-2) before being replaced by Matt Barkley.
philadelphia eagles, sports
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 7 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 47 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos