76ers beat Celtics 97-85 in preseason
NEWARK, Del. - October 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Thaddeus Young had 20 points and five rebounds to lead the Philadelphia 76ers to a 97-85 preseason victory over the Boston Celtics on Friday night.
Spencer Hawes had 17 points and seven rebounds and Evan Turner added 12 points and eight rebounds for the Sixers, who won their first preseason game on this side of the Atlantic Ocean after playing two earlier this week in Europe.
Jared Sullinger had 19 points and nine rebounds for the Celtics, who dropped to 0-3 in the first preseason of coach Brad Stevens.
The Sixers opened an 18-point halftime lead as first-year coach Brett Brown's starters were 21 of 30 from the field (70 percent) and accounted for 46 of the team's 54 points.
The Celtics got within 84-79 on a 3-pointer by Gerald Wallace with 5:30 to play but never got any closer in the game played at the University of Delaware.
philadelphia 76ers, nba, sports
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 42 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos