Michael Carter-Williams equals Shaq with first-week honor
PHILADELPHIA - November 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia rookie Michael Carter-Williams has joined Shaquille O'Neal as the only NBA players to win a Player of the Week award to open a career.
Carter-Williams won the Eastern Conference honor after averaging 20.7 points and 9.0 assists in a surprising 3-0 week that included victories over Miami and Chicago. The No. 11 pick in the draft had nine steals in the 76ers' season-opening victory over the Heat, the most ever in an NBA debut.
O'Neal won the award in 1992 while playing for Orlando.
Kevin Love won the Western Conference award after leading Minnesota to a 3-0 week and averaging an NBA-best 29.7 points.
philadelphia 76ers, nba, michael carter-williams, sports
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 51 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 54 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...