76er snap 13-game road skid, beat Lakers 111-104
LOS ANGELES - December 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Thaddeus Young scored seven of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, Evan Turner added 22 points, and the Philadelphia 76ers snapped their 13-game road losing streak with a 111-104 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday night.
Spencer Hawes had 19 points and eight rebounds for the Sixers, who hadn't won away from Philadelphia since their road opener on Nov. 1.
Young and Michael Carter-Williams contributed big points down the stretch as the last-place Sixers held on for just their second win in 11 games overall.
Nick Young scored 26 points on 6-for-21 shooting in the Lakers' fifth consecutive loss. Los Angeles also has lost five of six at Staples Center, winning just once at home since Nov. 24.
philadelphia 76ers, nba, sports
- Snow is turning the ground white again! 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow is turning the ground white again!
13 min ago