Seattle erupts during Seahawks Super Bowl parade
SEATTLE (AP) - February 5, 2014 (WPVI) -- Tens of thousands of notoriously loud Seahawks fans are cranking up the noise, as they cheer, chant and go berserk during a parade to celebrate the franchise's first Super Bowl victory.
The mood in downtown Seattle was electrifying, as the parade featuring the Super Bowl champions got underway Wednesday near the Space Needle.
Revelers packed the 2-mile route. They wore blue and green wigs, waved flags, scarves and signs, and erupted into spontaneous song and dance.
The Washington National Guard is escorting many of the players in Humvees and other military vehicles.
The parade is heading to CenturyLink Field, where a ceremony will mark the team's first Lombardi Trophy in 38 seasons.
The cheers are likely to get more boisterous as fans observe a "moment of loudness" at 12:12 p.m.
super bowl, seattle, washington, sports
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 40 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- Surveillance expected from Target heist 18 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
40 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
18 min ago