Harlem Globetrotters sign Bensalem's Kevin Grow
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - February 25, 2014 (WPVI) -- Kevin Grow, a high school senior with Down syndrome who became an Internet hit with his 3-point shooting, will play next month for the Harlem Globetrotters.
Grow will suit up for the Globetrotters in the fourth quarter of their March 9 game in Philadelphia. Grow, a devout Globetrotters fan from suburban Philadelphia, was added to the roster Tuesday as their 3-point specialist.
He signed a ceremonial two-day contract last week with the Philadelphia 76ers. He took part in pregame activities, and received a jersey.
The 18-year-old Grow spent four years as team manager of the Bensalem High School boys basketball team. He played in two games, hitting four 3-pointers in the final 2 minutes of his second one, and highlights went viral.
bensalem news, philadelphia 76ers, sports
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 1 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash 58 min ago
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
1 min ago