Harlem Globetrotters sign Bensalem's Kevin Grow
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - February 25, 2014 (WPVI) -- Kevin Grow, a high school senior with Down syndrome who became an Internet hit with his 3-point shooting, will play next month for the Harlem Globetrotters.
Grow will suit up for the Globetrotters in the fourth quarter of their March 9 game in Philadelphia. Grow, a devout Globetrotters fan from suburban Philadelphia, was added to the roster Tuesday as their 3-point specialist.
He signed a ceremonial two-day contract last week with the Philadelphia 76ers. He took part in pregame activities, and received a jersey.
The 18-year-old Grow spent four years as team manager of the Bensalem High School boys basketball team. He played in two games, hitting four 3-pointers in the final 2 minutes of his second one, and highlights went viral.
bensalem news, philadelphia 76ers, sports
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes 46 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 21 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- No charges for 8 NJ wrestlers in lynching photo
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 42 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
46 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
21 min ago