Temple coach Golden focused on bowl
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - December 12, 2009 -- Temple coach Al Golden says he's not speaking with any other schools about potential jobs after leading the Owls to their first bowl game since 1979.
Golden is widely considered a top target after transforming the Owls from one of the worst programs in football to a bowl-bound team. Temple (9-3) will play UCLA (6-6) in the EagleBank Bowl on Dec. 29 at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C.
Golden interviewed twice in 2007 for the UCLA job that eventually went to Rick Neuheisel.
Golden said Saturday he doesn't have any interviews lined up. His name has been mentioned in connection with the Cincinnati job that opened when Brian Kelly left for Notre Dame.
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose