Temple coach Golden focused on bowl
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - December 12, 2009 -- Temple coach Al Golden says he's not speaking with any other schools about potential jobs after leading the Owls to their first bowl game since 1979.
Golden is widely considered a top target after transforming the Owls from one of the worst programs in football to a bowl-bound team. Temple (9-3) will play UCLA (6-6) in the EagleBank Bowl on Dec. 29 at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C.
Golden interviewed twice in 2007 for the UCLA job that eventually went to Rick Neuheisel.
Golden said Saturday he doesn't have any interviews lined up. His name has been mentioned in connection with the Cincinnati job that opened when Brian Kelly left for Notre Dame.
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases