Temple upsets No. 3 Villanova, 75-65
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - December 13, 2009 -- Juan Fernandez hit seven 3-pointers and scored a career-high 33 points and Ryan Brooks added 20 points in Temple's 75-65 victory over No. 3 Villanova on Sunday.
Temple (8-2) fans bellowed "Overrated!" moments before they stormed the court in their biggest win in coach Fran Dunphy's four seasons
Fernandez led a sizzling 3-point attack that stunned the Wildcats (9-1) in the second half and helped them pull away for their first win over a top-five team since 2000. The Owls opened the half on an 11-0 run and grabbed a lead they would never surrender.
The fans want an encore, stomping the court and chanting "We Want Kansas!" in preparation for the top-ranked Jayhawks' visit on Jan. 2.
The Wildcats hadn't lost a city series game since Dec. 4, 2004, against the Owls.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 43 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 13 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos