No. 1 Kansas stays perfect, beats No. 18 Temple
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - January 2, 2010 -- Freshman Xavier Henry had 15 points and Marcus Morris had a big homecoming with 13 as No. 1 Kansas beat No. 18 Temple 84-52 on Saturday, snapping the Owls' seven-game winning streak.
Sherron Collins scored 14 points for the Jayhawks (13-0), who have won nine games this season by at least 25 points. Their lead reached that in this one with 9:25 to go when Marcus Morris' layup made it 60-35.
Ryan Brooks and Juan Fernandez both had 11 points for the Owls (11-3), who already had a top-five win this season over then-No. 3 Villanova 75-65 on Dec. 13. They never really had a chance against No. 1.
The Jayhawks finished 30 of 55 from the field (54.5 percent), a number that reflected their dominance inside, considering Temple's opponents were shooting 36.4 percent entering the game.
temple, kansas, college
- Death toll lowered in Okla. twister; 24 dead 56 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- Delaware trash can explosion leaves 1 injured 35 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Larry Holmes wins round in Pa. parking dispute
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Death toll lowered in Okla. twister; 24 dead
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos