No. 1 Kansas stays perfect, beats No. 18 Temple
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - January 2, 2010 -- Freshman Xavier Henry had 15 points and Marcus Morris had a big homecoming with 13 as No. 1 Kansas beat No. 18 Temple 84-52 on Saturday, snapping the Owls' seven-game winning streak.
Sherron Collins scored 14 points for the Jayhawks (13-0), who have won nine games this season by at least 25 points. Their lead reached that in this one with 9:25 to go when Marcus Morris' layup made it 60-35.
Ryan Brooks and Juan Fernandez both had 11 points for the Owls (11-3), who already had a top-five win this season over then-No. 3 Villanova 75-65 on Dec. 13. They never really had a chance against No. 1.
The Jayhawks finished 30 of 55 from the field (54.5 percent), a number that reflected their dominance inside, considering Temple's opponents were shooting 36.4 percent entering the game.
temple, kansas, college
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 5 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos