St. Joseph's defeats La Salle 74-59
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - March 6, 2010 -- Garrett Williamson scored 18 points and St. Joseph's defeated La Salle 74-59 on Saturday.
The Hawks (11-19, 5-11 Atlantic 10 Conference) clinched the final seed in the 12-team conference tournament that begins March 9. LaSalle (12-18, 4-12), did not make the tournament because of its loss and Massachussetts' win over Rhode Island.
Williamson made all 10 of his free throw attempts but was only 4 of 10 from the field. Darrin Govens added 17 points, Carl Jones had 16, and Idris Hilliard had 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Hawks.
St. Joseph's never trailed and led 38-27 at halftime. The Hawks built their biggest lead of the game at 73-57 after a layup by Jones with 1:38 to play. The basket capped a 12-2 run for the Hawks.
Kimmani Barrett scored 15 points and Rodney Green added 12 for the Explorers, who lost 10 of their last 12 games.
st. joe's, college
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 1 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 44 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home 57 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep