St. Joseph's defeats La Salle 74-59
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - March 6, 2010 -- Garrett Williamson scored 18 points and St. Joseph's defeated La Salle 74-59 on Saturday.
The Hawks (11-19, 5-11 Atlantic 10 Conference) clinched the final seed in the 12-team conference tournament that begins March 9. LaSalle (12-18, 4-12), did not make the tournament because of its loss and Massachussetts' win over Rhode Island.
Williamson made all 10 of his free throw attempts but was only 4 of 10 from the field. Darrin Govens added 17 points, Carl Jones had 16, and Idris Hilliard had 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Hawks.
St. Joseph's never trailed and led 38-27 at halftime. The Hawks built their biggest lead of the game at 73-57 after a layup by Jones with 1:38 to play. The basket capped a 12-2 run for the Hawks.
Kimmani Barrett scored 15 points and Rodney Green added 12 for the Explorers, who lost 10 of their last 12 games.
st. joe's, college
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
45 min ago