Temple beats James Madison, 65-53
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) - March 21, 2010 -- Qwedia Wallace scored 21 points and eighth-seeded Temple beat James Madison 65-53 in the first round of the women's NCAA tournament Sunday.
Kristen McCarthy and LaKeisha Eaddy added 15 points each for Temple (25-8), which gained its first victory in the tournament since it beat Nebraska in opening round in 2007.
James Madison (26-7), which came in on an eight-game winning streak, fell behind early and spent the entire game trying to get back to even. The Dukes never quite got there.
Dawn Evans led the James Madison with 18 points and Tarik Hislop had 14.
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd 44 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure 48 min ago
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office...
44 min ago
- Lindenwold school bus crash caught on camera
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos