Temple beats James Madison, 65-53
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) - March 21, 2010 -- Qwedia Wallace scored 21 points and eighth-seeded Temple beat James Madison 65-53 in the first round of the women's NCAA tournament Sunday.
Kristen McCarthy and LaKeisha Eaddy added 15 points each for Temple (25-8), which gained its first victory in the tournament since it beat Nebraska in opening round in 2007.
James Madison (26-7), which came in on an eight-game winning streak, fell behind early and spent the entire game trying to get back to even. The Dukes never quite got there.
Dawn Evans led the James Madison with 18 points and Tarik Hislop had 14.
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 28 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 7 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 1 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 7 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
1 min ago