Temple beats Central Michigan 13-10 in OT
PHILADEPHIA (AP) - September 9, 2010 -- Brandon McManus hit a 30-yard field goal in overtime to give Temple a 13-10 victory over Central Michigan on Thursday night in the Mid-American Conference opener for both teams.
McManus won it for the Owls (2-0) after Kee-ayre Griffin intercepted Ryan Radcliffe's pass to end Central Michigan's lone overtime possession.
Central Michigan (1-1) forced overtime with David Harman's 31-yard field goal with 1:11 left in regulation. The Chippewas, winners of three of the last four conference titles, had won 18 straight against MAC East Division teams.
Central Michigan had a chance to win in regulation after Temple fumbled on its own 35 with 35 seconds to go. Radcliffe completed a 3-yard pass to Paris Cotton, but the quarterback then wasted considerable time - electing not to spike the ball to stop the clock - and fumbled way behind the line of scrimmage in the final seconds.
A week after making a late field goal to beat Villanova, McManus missed two first-half attempts before giving the Owls a 10-7 lead in the third quarter with a 31-yarder.
Temple's Bernard Pierce opened the scoring with a 4-yard run late in the first half, and Central Michigan tied it in the third quarter on Cotton's 1-yard run.
Temple is 2-0 for the first time since 1981.
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 11 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street 19 min ago
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 39 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila. after-hours club 40 min ago
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary 25 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila....
40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
11 min ago