Pierce leads Temple past Connecticut 30-16
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - September 18, 2010 -- Bernard Pierce ran for 169 yards and a career-high three touchdowns as Temple beat Connecticut 30-16 on Saturday.
Temple is now 3-0 for the first time since 1979, when the Owls finished 10-2. It was the first win for the Owls over a BCS opponent since a 34-24 win over Syracuse on November 13, 2004.
Both teams exchanged the lead six times as Connecticut (1-2) rode the play of running back Jordan Todman to a 16-14 lead midway through the final quarter. Todman had career highs of 26 carries and 192 yards rushing.
Temple defensive end Adrian Robinson stripped Todman of the ball and went 24 yards for the go-ahead touchdown with 8:28 left in the game to give the Owls a 20-16 lead.
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape