Pierce leads Temple past Connecticut 30-16
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - September 18, 2010 -- Bernard Pierce ran for 169 yards and a career-high three touchdowns as Temple beat Connecticut 30-16 on Saturday.
Temple is now 3-0 for the first time since 1979, when the Owls finished 10-2. It was the first win for the Owls over a BCS opponent since a 34-24 win over Syracuse on November 13, 2004.
Both teams exchanged the lead six times as Connecticut (1-2) rode the play of running back Jordan Todman to a 16-14 lead midway through the final quarter. Todman had career highs of 26 carries and 192 yards rushing.
Temple defensive end Adrian Robinson stripped Todman of the ball and went 24 yards for the go-ahead touchdown with 8:28 left in the game to give the Owls a 20-16 lead.
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 23 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire