Temple holds on to edge Bowling Green 28-27
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - October 16, 2010 -- Temple's Marquise Liverpool broke up a pass intended for Calvin Wiley on a two-point conversion attempt with no time on the clock and the Owls held on for a 28-27 victory over Bowling Green on Saturday.
Leading 28-21 with 22 seconds left, Temple (5-2, 2-1 Mid-American Conference) looked to be in control with the Falcons facing fourth-and-14 on the Owls 36. But Bowling Green quarterback Matt Schilz hit a well-covered Kamar Jorden for a 32-yard pass to the Temple 4. Three plays later, Schilz found a wide-open Wiley for a TD as time expired.
Falcons coach Dave Clawson went for the win by going for two, but Schilz's pass was broken up at the goal line.
Temple's Bernard Pierce ran for 106 yards and a touchdown and backup quarterback Mike Gerardi threw for two scores.
Schilz was 30-for-51 for 287 yards and a TD for the Falcons (1-6, 0-3), who have lost four straight.
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 25 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 20 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting 50 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
15 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
20 min ago