Temple holds on to edge Bowling Green 28-27
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - October 16, 2010 -- Temple's Marquise Liverpool broke up a pass intended for Calvin Wiley on a two-point conversion attempt with no time on the clock and the Owls held on for a 28-27 victory over Bowling Green on Saturday.
Leading 28-21 with 22 seconds left, Temple (5-2, 2-1 Mid-American Conference) looked to be in control with the Falcons facing fourth-and-14 on the Owls 36. But Bowling Green quarterback Matt Schilz hit a well-covered Kamar Jorden for a 32-yard pass to the Temple 4. Three plays later, Schilz found a wide-open Wiley for a TD as time expired.
Falcons coach Dave Clawson went for the win by going for two, but Schilz's pass was broken up at the goal line.
Temple's Bernard Pierce ran for 106 yards and a touchdown and backup quarterback Mike Gerardi threw for two scores.
Schilz was 30-for-51 for 287 yards and a TD for the Falcons (1-6, 0-3), who have lost four straight.
- Faith-healing couple held without bail 39 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco 12 min ago
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust 55 min ago
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
39 min ago