Temple defeats Kent State 28-10
KENT, Ohio (AP) - November 6, 2010 -- Mike Gerardi passed for 368 yards and two touchdowns Saturday as Temple handed Kent State its first home loss of the season, 28-10.
Gerardi also rushed for a score, and Bernard Pierce rushed for 84 yards and a touchdown for the Owls (8-2, 5-1 Mid-American Conference). Temple had 465 yards total offense against Kent State (4-5, 3-3), which came in allowing 278 yards a game.
The Golden Flashes' defense intercepted Gerardi twice and sacked him three times, and Sam Kirkland recovered a blocked punt in the end zone for Kent's only touchdown.
Gerardi completed 21 of 29 passes, throwing for touchdowns to Rod Streater and Alex Jackson.
His 8-yard pass to Streater completed a five-play, 26-yard drive after Brandon McManus' fumble recovery, and the 49-yard scoring pass to Jackson followed Temple's recovery of an onside kick attempt after Kent's touchdown.
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 42 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Obama heading to South Africa 21 min ago
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
27 min ago