Miami (Ohio), Merriweather defeat Temple 23-3
OXFORD, Ohio (AP) - November 23, 2010 -- Thomas Merriweather scored on a 96-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter as Miami (Ohio) blew out Temple 23-3 on Tuesday night in Mid-American Conference action.
The RedHawks (8-4, 7-1) clinched a share of the Eastern Division title with the victory.
Merriweather rushed for 182 yards on 22 carries as Miami ran for 253 yards and held the Owls to 70 yards on the ground.
Temple (8-4, 5-3) took an early 3-0 lead on a 23-yard field goal from Brandon McManus with 5:45 left in the opening quarter.
Miami answered on the ensuing possession with a six-play, 74-yard drive that ended with a 34-yard touchdown pass from Austin Boucher to Nick Harwell. A missed extra point gave the RedHawks a 6-3 lead.
An 8-yard touchdown pass from Boucher to Armand Robinson with 1:39 left before halftime put Miami in front 14-3 at the break.
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 47 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos