Miami (Ohio), Merriweather defeat Temple 23-3
OXFORD, Ohio (AP) - November 23, 2010 -- Thomas Merriweather scored on a 96-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter as Miami (Ohio) blew out Temple 23-3 on Tuesday night in Mid-American Conference action.
The RedHawks (8-4, 7-1) clinched a share of the Eastern Division title with the victory.
Merriweather rushed for 182 yards on 22 carries as Miami ran for 253 yards and held the Owls to 70 yards on the ground.
Temple (8-4, 5-3) took an early 3-0 lead on a 23-yard field goal from Brandon McManus with 5:45 left in the opening quarter.
Miami answered on the ensuing possession with a six-play, 74-yard drive that ended with a 34-yard touchdown pass from Austin Boucher to Nick Harwell. A missed extra point gave the RedHawks a 6-3 lead.
An 8-yard touchdown pass from Boucher to Armand Robinson with 1:39 left before halftime put Miami in front 14-3 at the break.
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 46 min ago
- Shower In Spots 38 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
46 min ago
- Shower In Spots
38 min ago