Temple blows out Akron 82-47
Micheal Eric scored 16 points to lead Temple to its fourth consecutive victory after an 82-47 rout of Akron on Sunday.
The Owls (7-2) shot 17 for 27 in the first half (63 percent) and held Akron to 6 of 30 from the floor (20 percent) to take a commanding 40-15 halftime lead.
Aaron Brown scored 13, Scootie Randall added 12 and Ramone Moore 10. Moore scored a career-high 30 points in Temple's 68-65 upset win over No. 10 Georgetown on Dec. 9.
Temple ended the first half on a 30-5 run and scored 16 points off of nine turnovers.
The Owls led 47-27 with 13:49 remaining in the game and used a 31-11 run to stretch their lead to 40 with 2:47 left to play.
The Zips (4-3) were led by Steve McNess and Alex Abreu with 11 points apiece and were outrebounded 44-27.
Akron finished the game 18 of 61 from the field (29.5 percent), including 8 for 28 from behind the 3-point line (28.6 percent).
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands