Allen leads Temple past Saint Joesph's 72-54
PHILADELPHIA - January 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- Scootie Randall scored 17 points, Lavoy Allen had a double-double and Temple kept Saint Joesph's winless in conference play in a 72-54 rout on Saturday at the Palestra.
Allen finished with 15 points on 7 of 10 shooting, grabbed 12 rebounds and had four assists for the Owls (15-5, 5-2 Atlantic 10). Ramone Moore had 10 points and dished out eight assists.
Temple never trailed against the Hawks (5-16, 0-7), pulling ahead by 13 points on a 3-pointer from Randall - who also had seven rebounds. The Owls went into halftime a 32-22 lead then pushed their margin to 19 on T.J. DiLeo's 3-pointer with 13:23 left in the second half.
Saints Joesph's, which lost its eighth straight game, struggled from the field to shoot 37.5 percent (21 of 56). The Owls made 49 percent (25 of 51) of their shots.
Carl Jones led the Hawks with 19 points and Ronald Roberts added 17.
temple, st. joe's, college
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
- Unsettled to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila.
- Video: Dash cam view of Lindenwold school bus crash
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- Automatic renewal contracts
- Tracy ties it in 9th, but Phils win in bottom half