Saint Joe's beat PSU, 79-67
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - December 1, 2007 -- Ahmad Nivins scored a season-high 25 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, and Darrin Govens scored 13 of his 15 points in the second half as Saint Joseph's defeated Penn State 79-67 on Saturday.
Rob Ferguson scored 15 points and Pat Calathes 14 for Saint Joseph's (4-2), which was playing its third game in five days.Geary Claxton had 20 points and Danny Morrissey 10 for Penn State (3-4), which had its nine-game winning streak against the Hawks stopped. Penn State led 35-34 early in the second half and trailed 48-42 with 12:51 to play. The Hawks then went on a 13-0 run, capped by consecutive 3-pointers by Govens and Ferguson, to take a 61-42 lead. The score reached 78-54 with 2:50 to play before Penn State closed with a late flurry. Penn State leads the series 13-9 and last lost to the Hawks in March 1988.
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 27 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 29 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 32 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Pfizer recalls antidepressant Effexor 20 min ago
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber