Drexel thumped by Creighton, 72-48
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - December 1, 2007 -- Cavel Witter scored 20 points and hit all 10 of his free throw attempts to lead Creighton to a 72-48 victory over Drexel.
Leading scorer Dane Watts added 10 points for the Blue Jays, who started out 5-0 for the first time since 2004-05.Tramayne Hawthorne scored 12 points for the Dragons, who lost their second straight. Drexel struggled for most of the game, going almost seven minutes without a field goal and committing 18 of their season-high 29 turnovers in the first half. Creighton used an 11-0 run to overcome its 1-for-13 shooting performance from behind the 3-point line and took a 31-18 lead at the break.
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 32 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 27 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 20 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 36 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more