GMU player suspended for stepping on foe
George Mason has suspended Anali Okoloji after the junior forward stepped on an opposing player during the Patriots' loss to South Florida.
Coach Paul Hewitt said Thursday that Okoloji's actions were "inexcusable and not what we expect from a George Mason student-athlete."
Hewitt did not specify the length of the suspension but says it will include Sunday's game against Oklahoma in the BB&T Classic.
Okoloji was involved in the momentum-shifting sequence in the second half of Wednesday night's 68-66 loss. South Florida's Anthony Collins was tripped from behind by Okoloji near the foul line, then was stepped on by Okoloji as Okoloji's momentum took him down the court. Okoloji was whistled for both a personal and a technical foul.
Okoloji has appeared in eight games this season, averaging 2.4 points.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 30 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos