Duke-UNC tix cheapest in at least 5 years
Getting a ticket to a Duke Blue Devils-North Carolina Tar Heels basketball game usually requires a sizable bank account withdrawal, but tickets to this year's game are the cheapest in at least five years.
Getting a ticket to a Duke-North Carolina game usually requires a sizable bank account withdrawal, but tickets to the first meeting between the rivals this season were the cheapest in at least five years.
Resale site StubHub says the average price paid for Wednesday's game in Chapel Hill had been $269, which is more than $100 cheaper than the price for the game between the teams at the Dean Smith Center last season ($402) and more than $200 cheaper than the average price paid by fans in 2012 ($514).
The game was postponed due to a storm that brought enough snow and ice to paralyze many area roads, and will be played Feb. 20, though the time is still undetermined.
As of 9 a.m. ET, the cheapest ticket available on StubHub for an upper-level seat to the game was $68, while a lower-level seat along the baseline was selling for only $101.
Ticket site aggregator SeatGeek says that in the past three Duke-UNC games in Chapel Hill, a ticket never has sold for less than $125. Prices are always higher for games in Durham because Cameron Indoor Stadium has roughly 12,000 fewer seats than the Dean Dome.
This is the 31st time in 136 meetings that Duke (19-5), ranked No. 9, is facing an unranked North Carolina (16-7). The Blue Devils have won seven of the past nine games in the rivalry.
Infomation from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 34 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos