VP Biden calls Ennis after Cuse game winner
Freshman point guard Tyler Ennis of top-ranked Syracuse is basking in some praise after his game-winning shot against Pittsburgh.
Vice President Joe Biden called Ennis on Thursday to congratulate him on his "amazing 35-foot buzzer-beater" that kept the Orange unbeaten. The vice president's office tweeted a photograph of Biden at his desk while on the phone with Ennis.
Biden received his law degree from Syracuse.
Ennis took an inbounds pass with 4.4 seconds left at Pitt, dribbled across midcourt and split two defenders before launching a high shot that swished as time expired. It gave Syracuse a 58-56 victory, a school-record 24th win in a row.
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 38 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 54 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 59 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
54 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos