Suspended Smart to watch from locker room
Oklahoma State's Marcus Smart is expected to watch Saturday's game from the locker room instead of the stands.
University spokesman Mike Noteware told ESPN that Smart -- who'll be serving the second of his three-game suspension for shoving a fan at Texas Tech -- will not be in the crowd when Oklahoma State hosts rival Oklahoma at 2 p.m. Saturday on ESPN.
Smart is not allowed to travel with the team while suspended but has been permitted to practice. His suspension ends after Tuesday's game in Waco against Baylor.
The Cowboys (16-8, 4-7 Big 12) lost their first game without Smart on Tuesday at Texas and have dropped five straight and six of seven.
Smart was suspended due to his actions last Saturday, when he pushed fan Jeff Orr in the final seconds of OSU's 65-61 loss at Texas Tech.
Orr, through a statement released by Texas Tech, said he called Smart a "piece of crap" and regretted his actions. He has voluntarily agreed not to attend another Texas Tech game for the remainder of the season.
Smart expressed remorse at a news conference Sunday night.
"I want to apologize to the fan, whose name is Jeff Orr. I want to apologize to him. I want to apologize to my teammates, to my coaching staff, Coach [Travis] Ford, my family, Oklahoma State University. This is not how I [conduct] myself, this is not how this program is ran. This is not how I was raised. I let my emotions get the best of me.
"Just can't let that happen again. This is a lesson I'll have to learn from. The consequences that are coming with it, I'm taking full responsibility. No finger pointing. This is all upon me."
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos