Smart criticizes OSU blogger for negativity
Marcus Smart wasn't able to help Oklahoma State on the court Monday night, but he did try to make an assist on Twitter during the final game of his three-game suspension.
Smart, who was suspended by the Big 12 earlier this month for shoving a Texas Tech fan, scolded a blogger from Pistols Firing for being too negative during the Cowboys' 70-64 overtime loss at Baylor, which extended the team's losing streak to seven.
@pistolsguy yo dude listen no one is forcing u to watch the game or watch us play if your a Osu cowboy act like it- marcus smart (@smart_MS3) February 18, 2014
@pistolsguy I'm tired of seeing your negativity towards the team and the coaches- marcus smart (@smart_MS3) February 18, 2014
@pistolsguy theses aren't shots fired or any disrespect just saying- marcus smart (@smart_MS3) February 18, 2014
Kyle Porter, who runs the blog site, didn't take offense to Smart's critique.
In fact, he said he thought it was fair.
"If I'm allowed to critique his basketball, then he's sure allowed to critique my writing," Porter told Yahoo! Sports. "I do think there needs to be an understanding of the difference between a fan and a blogger whose job it is to write humorously and interestingly about a team, but if I don't even understand it all the time, I sure don't expect a college kid to."
Smart is eligible to return to the Cowboys on Saturday against the Red Raiders.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 5 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 23 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos