Iowa coach tells players to get off Twitter
Iowa coach Fran McCaffery has instructed the Hawkeyes to shut down their Twitter accounts for the rest of the season after senior Zach McCabe exchanged barbs with detractors on the social media service.
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Iowa coach Fran McCaffery has instructed the Hawkeyes to shut down their Twitter accounts for the rest of the season after senior Zach McCabe exchanged barbs with detractors on the social media service.
McCabe air-balled a 3-pointer that could have tied the game with 16 seconds left against Wisconsin on Saturday. The 20th-ranked Hawkeyes went on to lose 79-74.
McCabe responded to negative comments directed at him on Twitter by lashing out at his critics after the game. McCabe deleted the post and apologized.
McCaffery says his overall impressions of social media are negative and that he'd prefer his players keep their focus on Iowa's upcoming games. He said his players are free to resume tweeting once the season is over.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 43 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos