UConn's Ollie makes changes to coaching staff
Connecticut coach Kevin Ollie has made some changes to his coaching staff.STORRS, Conn. -- Connecticut coach Kevin Ollie has made some changes to his coaching staff.
Ollie, on Friday, promoted Glen Miller from assistant to associate head coach, and promoted Karl Hobbs from director of basketball administration to assistant coach.
George Blaney, who served as associate head coach under Jim Calhoun, will remain on the staff as an assistant coach and former Husky forward Kevin Freemen will take the role of director of basketball administration. He served as Hobbs' assistant last season.
Ollie took over the coaching job last month when Calhoun retired. He has never held a head coaching job.
But Miller (Penn, Brown, Connecticut College), Hobbs (George Washington) and Blaney (Stonehill, Dartmouth, Holy Cross, Seton Hall) have a combined 57 years of collegiate head coaching experience.
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 33 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos