Michigan star Burke suspended for exhibition
Michigan sophomore point guard Trey Burke has been suspended for Thursday's exhibition against Northern Michigan for a violation of team standards.
Burke, a preseason first-team All-American, led Michigan with 14.8 points and 4.6 assists last season.
"Trey's a good kid," Michigan coach John Beilein said Wednesday. "We talked about he's going to sit out this game and he's going to learn a very valuable experience."
Beilein decided to suspend Burke after making what Beilein called "some out-of-character decisions he now regrets." Beilein declined to further comment on the suspension.
Freshman point guard Spike Albrecht will start in place of Burke.
Beilein also said redshirt sophomore forward Jon Horford will not play Thursday as he continues to recover from a knee strain suffered last week in practice. Freshman Mitch McGary, however, will play as he recovers from a foot injury.
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 7 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 5 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 4 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC 23 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
35 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos